Friday, March 21, 2008

Some good books


Like me, these coconut shell soapdishes are a work in progress.
I love reading and I have had more than enough time lately. I am finding these very helpful :


"The little book of big packaging ideas"

"Little red book of selling"

"Lovemarks"

"The little book of big promotions"


You may have notice a theme here. After reading "The Secret" , I made up a vision board and I also decided to spend 2008 focus on my goals. I am not sure about the mystics surrounding that book but I do know that whatever you focus on will be your goal.


So no more mystery or romance novels for 2008!


Another ritual I have is that I watch "The Big Idea" on CNBC at 10pm. Most of the guest are inspirational. He does go board once in a while e.g. Marrying a billionaire with Donald Trump's wife.......give me a break! All in all his show is great.

2 comments:

dcyrill said...

I am also a huge "The Big Idea" fan. But I have gotten away from looking at it to concentrate on my soapmaking ideas. :)

In regards to the goals chart, I have one also. I read the Secret by the suggestion of my best friend but did not create one then. I created it the beginning of 2008. It does work if you believe in yourself and put in the time and effort into what you want to do.

diane holdsworth said...

i just love those coconut soap dishes

what a great idea

diane(Ieeee)