Thursday, May 19, 2011

No more pity

A friend called tonight, very upset about my illness. It's amazing how often I have comfort people when I am the one who is ill. I started the day with acheving one of my goals and then she had to suck the joy back out. She meant well but.......................

It is hard to find the daily motivation to fight this battle. I asked God show me one person who went through this and won. He gave me Clara Cartwright. She went through this back in 2004 and is now normal again.

At this risk of sounding selfish, I plead with all my "friends" to keep their distance if they are bringing pity. Pity doesn't get up out of bed in the morning. It doesn't give me the power to go down the stairs. It doesn't take my fear of falling again; and it doesn't comfort my loneliness. Pity doesn't give me a normal life!

I do not doubt for a second that I will beat this, but it doesn't make the day to day struggles any easier. And do not reference JOB in the bible to me again. Most of you who do , did not read the whole book! In the middle of the story, he was frustrated, angry and upset too.
It took at least 3 years for me to get here, so it will take time for healing.

So please help me don't pity me.

No comments: